The Yearbook contains all the information and statistics needed on the video market and its customers, including consumer behaviour and profiles; retailer market shares for both disc and digital sales; and video charts by format and genre.
Data comes from a wide selection of respected industry sources, including GfK, IHS, Kantar Worldpanel and Official Charts Company.
Interesting statistics include:
- Shoppers spend £6m a day on video content
- 24.4m Brits bought a video to own in 2014, equating to half the population
- Spend on digital ownership rose 25% to £168m.
- One in three British people bought a DVD on impulse in 2014.
- Back catalogue accounts for more than half of all disc sales.