The British Association for Screen Entertainment (BASE), and Digital Entertainment Group International (DEGI) champions all areas across the Home Entertainment category, whatever format audiences choose to consume their film and TV, across transactional including rental and ownership, subscription and ad funded channels.
An ever-evolving and fast-growing sector, which in the UK contributes £3.8billion to the economy annually.
Our members include the biggest and most exciting names in entertainment distribution, including Warner Bros Discovery, NBC Universal, Walt Disney Studios, Sony Pictures, Sky Store, Lionsgate, Studiocanal, Google, Virgin Media, BT and the BBC Studios, amongst others.
Our role as a trade body is to inform the category and represent its interests collectively to audiences, trade and consumer media, Government (UK and EU) and other industry organisations and partners.
What does this entail? Everything we do is heavily informed by research, behavioural insights and up to the moment market data, covering all aspects of in-home entertainment, across all business streams, including current consumption formats, whilst also looking forward, all fundamentally driven by our members’ interests. We analyse and educate on category performance and trends, we write and publish market reports and research papers and identify and shape data needs for the category in the UK and internationally for current and future needs.
We run consumer promotions on line, in stores and across social media channels. We host events, summits and leadership forums in the UK and across Europe, we run the prestigious BASE Awards. and much more.
A dynamic team of 10, we support each other in an exciting, fast-paced and intellectually stimulating environment. We not only represent three trade bodies, but we’re also an extension of our members teams, supporting them as and when needed.
We currently come together as a team twice a week, often on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and we work remotely outside of those days.
In addition to BASE and DEGI, is The Industry Trust for IP Awareness organisation, that forms an integral part of the team deliverables. The Trust is a consumer education body focused on tracking piracy, providing regular threat assessments to members and Government and creating and implementing influential behaviour change initiatives. The Trust works beyond Home Entertainment leading a collaborative approach with a broad set of rights holders and prominent actors in the anti-infringement space across
- Provide comprehensive category analysis and reporting covering transactional, subscription and ad-funded channels.
- Create and communicate market intelligence and behavioural trends for both the UK and key International territories
- Lead the Industry Trust research programme, supported by the Head of Insight
- Support Head of Insight across all deliverables
- Provide exceptional support to BASE, DEGI, the Industry Trust and their respective members
- Manage reporting suite across weekly and monthly publications, ensuring key issues and opportunities are highlighted
- Provide statistical/insight support for programme of initiatives, reporting on performance and KPIs/metrics
- Brief and manage behavioural research projects
- Provide market and behavioural insights in response to member requests and across the team, including to Marketing team to support category communications and in support of cross-organisational projects
- Own and drive relationship with account managers across a suite of insight partners, media agencies, members and other category stakeholders
- Leverage sector and third-party insights to inform opportunities and promotions
- Run a programme of internal learning sharing forums for the organisation and members
- Own and drive actions from UK Research Committee
- Review implementation and success of own and other team projects ensuring these are evidence led
- Build organisation knowledge of trends and viewing behaviours across all audio-visual consumption, developing a virtual Education programme
- Collate and disseminate 3rd party intelligence on changing methods of audience content engagement across key International markets
- Work in partnership with Head of Insight in delivery of Insight Forums and drive creation of supporting intelligence
- Develop and adhere to time plan and budgets on all activities
- Collaborate with members at all times and provide clear and comprehensive responses to member insight requests
- Manage comprehensive understanding of category release models and differing release patterns
- Prepare and present as required updates for BASE Council, DEGI board, other committees and partners
- Solid commercial experience (e.g. sales, marketing, customer activation, category analyst role) in FMCG or Home Entertainment having worked for a supplier or a retailer
- Accountable professional driven by achieving measurable and influential outcomes
- Motivated individual with proven teamwork experience, inclusive and collaborative in approach
- Exceptional numerical and analytical skills, an ability to identify trends and to distil and effectively articulate key insights from extensive data
- Proven ability to structure and manage projects delivering on time, in budget and in support of multiple deliverables
- Self-starter, well organised, self-disciplined, flexible and reliable and able to manage multiple projects
- Strong negotiation skills, good networking ability and exceptional stakeholder management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, calm under pressure and effective when working alongside individuals at all operational levels
- Exceptional team player with ability to work within in a highly motivated and effective small team.
- PC proficient with good Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Employment Terms & Benefits:
6 month post, with potential conversion to permanent employment
Full time post, employed by British Association for Screen Entertainment, providing support services to DEGI and Industry Trust for IP Awareness
25 days annual leave pro-rata
Matched pension contribution [5%]
Season ticket loan
Cycle to work scheme
Based in central London, two days per week (subject to change)
BASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects various voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.