The British Association for Screen Entertainment (BASE) has announced that entries for the 2019 BASE Awards are now open, with the social highlight of the video category’s calendar once again returning to Tobacco Dock on Thursday, June 6.
The 39th annual BASE Awards will welcome professionals from across the video industry to gather and celebrate achievements across distribution, retail and supply chain over the past twelve months, with this year’s event debuting a new awards category and opening up the PR and Publicity Initiative of the Year award to agencies as well as distributors.
Building on last year’s awards category refresh to recognise and reward creativity and innovation, the 2019 BASE Awards will include a new addition to the Campaign of the Year for Film category. Capping the existing £15m+ box office award at £24.99m, and introducing a separate award for films that achieved £25m+ theatrically ensures competitive judging, and honours the triumphs of a broader range of titles.
Continuing last year’s development to allow multiple entries per category and to encourage a wider breadth of submissions, this year the PR and Publicity Initiative of the Year award will be open to agencies as well as distributors, providing the opportunity to shine a light on their full range of achievements from the past 12 months. Echoing the process for Supplier of the Year, entrants will need to have their entry verified by their client in order to submit.
Entry forms are now available to download from the BASE website (https://baseorg.uk/base-awards-2019/) and must be returned to BASE by close of play on Friday, 15th February. In order to minimise the time and resources required to prepare the full submission decks, this year sees the introduction of a simplified submission form, which will be available in the coming weeks, due for receipt by close of play on Friday, 1st March.
Entry fee per submission is charged at £140+VAT for member companies and £170+VAT for non-member companies.
Liz Bales, Chief Executive, British Association for Screen Entertainment, said: “Entering the BASE Awards’ 39th year, we invite our colleagues to showcase their best and brightest achievements of the past 12 months by submitting their entries for 2019. The addition of a new award and the simplified submission process allows the Awards to continue to spotlight excellence and innovation across the whole of our vibrant industry.
“A highlight of the year for the video category, we hope you’ll save the 6th June in your diary and are poised to buy tickets for a night honouring the very best of the industry this year.”
The 2019 BASE Awards categories in full are as follows:
- Physical Retailer of the Year
- Online Physical Retailer of the Year
- Digital Retailer of the Year
- Digital Retailer Innovation of the Year
- Physical Retailer Innovation of the Year
- In-Store Theatre Initiative of the Year
- Campaign of the Year for FILM – Non-theatrical
- Campaign of the Year for FILM – Up to £1m Box Office
- Campaign of the Year for FILM – £1m – £4.99m Box Office
- Campaign of the Year for FILM – £5m – £14.99m Box Office
- Campaign of the Year for FILM – £15m – £24.99m Box Office
- Campaign of the Year for FILM – Over £25m Box Office *NEW FOR 2019*
- Campaign of the Year for TV *INCLUDING DOCUMENTARY*
- Campaign of the Year for Special Interest *INCLUDING CHILDREN’S, SPORT, MUSIC & COMEDY*
- Campaign of the Year for Catalogue: Single Product
- Campaign of the Year for Catalogue: Multiple Product
- Campaign of the Year for Catalogue: Digital Product
- PR/Publicity Initiative of the Year
- Supplier of the Year
- Outstanding Innovation Award
- Creative Marketing Initiative of the Year
- Distributor of the Year
- Title of the Year